Lead contamination is at the forefront of our mind these days, and it should be.
According to the New York Times:
The Environmental Protection Agency says streams tapped by water utilities serving a third of the population are not yet covered by clean-water laws that limit levels of toxic pollutants.
- Failure to properly test water
- Failure to report contamination
- Failure to treat water properly
However with any health crisis, it’s important to know and understand the facts, and fortunately the facts are easy to find with a water test.
If you suspect or are concerned that you have lead present in your water, here’s what to do:
- Get your water tested. Contact us at Culligan of Brazosport and we’ll test your water for free.
- If lead is detected, we’ll send your water to our EPA-certified laboratory to test for a more detailed analysis.
- We’ll help you interpret your results so you can make an educated decision about what to do next.
If you have lead present in your water the best way to treat it is with reverse osmosis. A Culligan Reverse Osmosis Drinking Water System reduces lead by 98.1% so you can feel confident in trusting Culligan with your family’s drinking water.
If you’re not sure if you should get your water tested, here are a few red flags:
- Appearance – Water has a brown or red tint or has started staining sinks and fixtures.
- Odor – Water smells dirty, metallic, or has any noticeable odor.
- Taste – Water tastes metallic, dirty, or “off” in any way.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about why lead leaches into water, its health effects, or how to treat it, we’re happy to discuss this with you.
Local Customer Reviews
I just wanted to send a quick note regarding Fred, the delivery man for our water. He is a pleasure to work with and is always very positive and helpful. You are very lucky to have such a great employee representing your company.
Culligan recently set up a system for us. Bryan was so wonderful! He came in the pouring rain and set up our system. Even on such a gloomy day, he was delightful. He explained everything very well. Bryan even came back on another instance to help us resolve an issue....more
Culligan recently set up a system for us. Bryan was so wonderful! He came in the pouring rain and set up our system. Even on such a gloomy day, he was delightful. He explained everything very well. Bryan even came back on another instance to help us resolve an issue. He was a delight both times! Culligan is the way to go!
Steve's conduced a review and repair of the water softening system at the above address. His knowledge of the system and required service was exceptional. Steve's work was preformed in a professional manner.
Testimonial * We want to thank Culligan for their service and to Kareem for his service, he's good work, respectful and to have a smile every time he does the water delivery.
Kevin always delivers our water here at Jc's window tint with a professional attitude. He always makes sure we have enough to last until our next visit. He is very respectful and does his job quickly and neatly.